- A jig grinder is a machine tool used for grinding complex shapes and holes where the highest degrees of accuracy and finish are required.
- The jig grinder is very similar to a jig borer, in that the table positioning and spindles are very accurate (far more than a manual milling machine or lathe).
- It is almost used by tool and die makers in the creation of jigs or mating holes.
- There are usually many peripheral elements to a jig grinder, including linear motors, pneumatic grinding head (or electrical grinding head), and various cooling systems for supplying coolant to the work and machine itself.
- The machine operates by a high speed spindle rotation.
- The spindles are removable and interchangeable to achieve varying process speeds.
- Some spindles are fixed speed (60,000 rpm), others are adjustable (30,000 ~ 50,000 rpm), and still others are very high speed (150,000 rpm).
- The main spindle has a wide range of speeds to ensure proper grinder feed rates are maintained.
- The machines have a standard X and Y table.
- All axes are indexed to 0.0001 on the handwheels.
- The machine head adopts linear motors.
- The spindle rotates at a variable speed and with an accuracy of 0.0001 for very precise holes and grinding.
- A reliable jig grinder will let work to achieve a higher degree of efficiency level.
- These features are all critical in precise process.
|Range of movement|
|X Axos||1200 mm (47.2" )|
|Y Axis||700 mm (27.6" )|
|Z Axis||100 mm (3.9" )|
|W Axis||360 mm (15.7" )|
|Max feed speed|
|X,Y Axis||10 m/min|
|Z Axis||24 m/min|
|Reading resolution (Linear scales)|
|X,Y Axis||0.05 um|
|Z Axis||0.05 um|
|Cs Axis||0.001 deg|
|X,Y Axis||±0.0025 mm|
|X,Y Axis||Linear encoder|
|Z Axis||Linear encoder|
|Cs Axis||Magnetic sensor|
|Table area (LxW)||1280x860 mm (50.4"x33.9")|
|Permissble load (max.)||1000 kg|
|Number of T-slot||8|
|Shape of T-slot||18.0 mm (Width)|
|Electrical grinding head||40000 rpm|
|Max. diameter of wheel||Ø3~Ø55 mm|
|Electrical grinding head||60000 rpm|
|Max. diameter of wheel||Ø1~Ø10 mm|
|Planetary speed||5~200 rpm|
|Bore-diameter capacity||1~100 mm (0.04"~3.9")|
|Collets||Ø3, Ø6, Ø10, Ø12 mm|
|U axis last input increment||0.001 mm|
|U axis max. stroke||30 mm (1.18")|
|X Axis (Linear Motor)||3 KW (12Nm)|
|Y Axis (Linear Motor)||3 KW (12Nm)|
|W Axis (Servo Motor)||1.6 KW (8 Nm)|
|Z Axis (Linear Motor)||2 x 2.1 KW|
|Cs Axis (Spindle Motor)||0.55 KW Spindle|
|U Axis (Stepping Motor)||Stepping|
|Outer dimensions and weight|
|Height (Max.)||3000 mm|
|Height (Min.)||2750 mm|
|Voltage||220v ± 10%|
|Max. Voltage consumption||15KW|
|Compressed air||7 kg / cm2|
|Air consumption||420 nl / min|
|NC controller function|
|NC controller||Fanuc 31i-B|
|Simultaneously controlled axes||4 axes|
|Max increase up to number of controlled axes||26 axes|
|Cs contouring control||1 axes|
|Chopping function||Building in|
|Last input increment||0.0001 mm / 0.0001 deg|
|Max. stroke||± 9999.9999 mm / ± 9999.9999 deg|
|Rapid traverse Max||10 m / min|
|Rapid traverse override||F0, 25, 50, 100%|
|Feed per minute||mm / min|
|Manual handle feed||4 axes|
|Manual handle feed rate||x1, x10, x100, x1000|
|Tape code (auto. recognitiom)||EIA / ISO|
|Program storage length||640 m|
|Parity check||Horizontal and vertical parity|
- Controller：FANUC 31i-B controller.
- Implementable of diverse shape grinding.
- capability of synchronize movement of 4 axis(X,Y,Z,CS)
- Friendly chopping operation.
- Abnormity detecting capability when power on.
- Adjustment of grinding head power output by LCD control panel.
- Working Travel: 1200 x 700 x 100 mm (X, Y, Z).
- MAX load: 1000 kgs.
- MAX feeding speed: 10000 mm/min (X & Y & Z).
- Resolution: 0.01um.
- Positioning accuracy subject to X,Y axis: +/- 0.0025 mm.
- Planetary grinding roundness ≦ 0.002 mm.
- Z axis is driven by high-speed precise linear motor.
- 12 grinding setting modes.
Samples of Finished Parts
|=SKD11 HRC 62°||Rough Cut||Finish Machining|
|Grinding Pencil(or Grinding Wheel)||( CBN#150 )||( CBN#150 )|
|Rotating Speed||40.000 rpm||40.000 rpm|
|Reserving||0.2 mm||0.015 mm|
|Cutting Feed Rate||40 mm/min||20 mm/min|
|Cutting Feed||0.1 mm||0.005 mm|
|Process Time||About 12 minutes||About 20 minutes|